Tax planning is a key element of wealth creation, and tax law is amongst the most complicated law within Australia. It makes sense to have both a Financial Planner and Accountant by your side if one of your financial goals is to minimise your tax liability.
We use various strategies and structures in order to reduce our clients taxations wherever possible. From investment ownership structures, to superannuation strategies, tax planning and saving a key component of any comprehensive financial plan, because every dollar of tax you can genuinely can save, is effectively a risk free investment return.
Tax planning can involve:
- Maximising your after tax income
- Remuneration packaging (salary packaging)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) management
- Investing in shares that offer 100% franked dividends
- Borrowing to invest
- Small business and capital gains tax exemptions (particularly relevant to superannuation)
- Generic tax planning advice
Because there are so many factors that contribute to the amount of tax you pay, it is important to obtain comprehensive advice. GM is well placed to provide simple and complex tax planning advice.